Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Playing catch up

Well, keeping with the theme of only posting sporadically, here I am, over 2 weeks since my last post. Rest assured, it's been a busy 2 weeks or you would have heard from me before now. Alas, very little of it has been crafty, so I have very little to show you. Even so, I'll try to catch you up on what's been going on with me.

Longarm Quilting: Been doing quite a bit of this. Here's a particularly fun but time-consuming project that I finished last week. This is the Rosebud Lane block of the month that I did at the shop, and this busy customer was the first to finish the quilt. The original quilt (from the designers) had trees and animals and all sorts of cute little things quilted into it, so I tried to replicate that type of quilting as best as I could.



Taxes: I've been doing lots of that too, including my own. I'm so glad that April 15 is next week. (By the way, if you haven't done yours yet, I recommend this site. It's free if your income falls within a certain limit, but it's pretty inexpensive even if you fall outside the limit. I don't get a commission or anything for recommending them...I'm just a satisfied customer.)

American Idol: No matter how busy I am, I stop what I'm doing to watch American Idol. I was a little bored with last night's show...I didn't think anyone really picked a very good song. And my usual favorites (Carly, David C.) were just kind of okay. The people that I usually think are just "eh", I thought were a lot better last night. Including Syesha and even (it sort of hurts to say this) Kristy. And what was up with Randy & Simon last night? It was like a "Trading Places" moment. I wish Randy would go back to saying quasi-positive comments and leave the serious criticism to Simon.

Upcoming projects:

I'm working on this quilt for the local community college auction for scholarships. The auction is at the end of the month, so I've got to get going on this.


I've got lots of quilts to finish and several planned quilts that I haven't started yet, but I've been in the mood to crochet lately, so we'll see what happens. I've got a crochet project started already. I wasn't too sure about it, but then my aunt (who doesn't crochet or quilt or anything) came over last week and ooh-ed and aah-ed over it, so now I'm more in love with it. I guess I just needed someone else's stamp of approval (besides my husband's). I'll have pics tomorrow. And yes, I'm writing tomorrow in black and white so-to-speak so that I'll feel more obligated to actually take the d**n photos and post them.

No comments: