Thursday, March 20, 2008

Anniversary

Today is a good day. First, it's my anniversary! Not my blogiversary or whatever, but my actual wedding anniversary (4 years... that's always the next question). Second, it's the first day of spring (Yeah! And not a moment too soon if you ask me). And last but not least, it's my 1/2 birthday! I know it's silly, but I love pointing that out. It's sort of like an Alice in Wonderland un-birthday. Not my real birthday, but still worth celebrating.

My wedding was also on the first day of spring (it's not always March 20, btw), and I loved wedding flowers. This is possibly my favorite wedding picture, even though there aren't any people in it.


The all red bouquet in the middle was mine, and the mulit-colored ones were the bridesmaids'. If gerbera daises don't say "spring" then I don't what does.

Here's another one of my favorites...my hubby looks like a jack rabbit! When the photographer said "jump", he took that to mean, "Jump as high as you can. Your football coach is hiding in the bushes to meaure your vertical." Men. He hates this picture, so feel free to tease him about it if you ever see him.

Here we are, the happy couple. It always amazes me how young we look. I guess we were, even though it didn't feel like it then. We are high school sweethearts (although I don't really care for that term), so we dated over 6 years before we took the plunge. So for those keeping track, that's over 10 years that we've been together.


If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment:

Miss to Mrs said...

Happy anniversary and 1/2 birthday. If those two things didn't get you cake then you are doing something wrong! I love your jumping picture. Those are so much fun.