Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh baby

It seems like everyone I know is having a baby in the next few weeks. Okay, not everyone, but three people. As a result, I have a marathon of baby showers to attend, followed by the actual births, for which I will probably send a gift as well. And me being me, I feel obligated to give something handmade. I know the expectant mothers probably don't expect this (or maybe they do), but nevertheless, I feel like it's something I should do. The problem is, everyone can't get a quilt. It's just not possible, folks. So here's what I came up with. Burp cloths. They're fast, easy, & cute. And they are something that every mom can use. I found the tutorial at ANewChelseaMorning through SMS.

So here are my gifts for shower #1, which was Saturday afternoon. I tried to post on Saturday, but blogger wouldn't let me upload any photos. Three hours before the shower, I just had the two onesies.

Isn't the back of this one cute!

I made these three burp cloths in about an hour, including picking out the fabric and pressing everything. Which was definitely the hardest part. Actually, the hardest part might have been finding cloth diapers in this town (I'm told the dollar store has them...didn't think to look there), but I bought the diapers a couple of months ago.

Here are a few more I'm making for another shower this weekend, for a very stylish & very small young lady. Now I just need to make some for my niece. She's 5 months old, and she has very few handmade gifts from me. She punishes me by drooling and spitting up on me. Hence the need for more burp cloths. I'm a bad crafty aunt.
I try to make up for it in snuggles and kisses when I see her though. At least I don't call her Stinkerella like her daddy does.

1 comment:

Miss to Mrs said...

This is perfect for all that scrap fabric that I have. Yay, I can't wait. Your niece is adorable. I love that picture.