Friday, February 1, 2008

Changes

I feel like I've made a lot of posts apologizing for long absences, so I won't do that here. I will say that I didn't mean to go without posting for so long, but I've had lots of changes going on in my life lately, and blogging just got pushed to the back seat.

I'll start by telling you the biggest change... my husband and I have decided to move to another city (town?), out of state. As a result, I am closing the quilt shop. I will miss the shop, but I am going to continue to longarm quilt. In a way, I am looking forward to being able to focus on doing one or two things, instead of doing 5 or 6 things very quickly. The good news for all of you is that everything is the shop is priced 20% to 40% off, including books, patterns, and notions. I haven't had a chance to update the prices on the website, but I will apply the discount in the shop before I ship.

Another change that had has a more immediate impact on my life this week is that our dog, Heidi, passed away on Monday. She was only two years old, but we think she had a heart attack or something like that. My husband was there with her, so at least she wasn't alone. He came home for lunch, and he said as he was walking in the back gate, she just fell over. About a minute later, she was gone. I was pretty upset earlier in the week, but it's getting easier as time goes by. Being home is the hardest part...it's so quiet around there. I keep expecting to see her run in, jump up on the couch, and settle in for a nap. Or push the bathroom door open while I'm in the shower. Or maybe chase her tail or bring us her stinky duck toy or rope bone. She loved to go on walks, and I will always think of her when I drive by the park where we walked. She also loved to go in the car. It didn't matter where, and more than once I had to drag her out of my car in the mornings so I could go to work. These are all memories of her that I will cherish. She was good girl, a gentle yet playful soul, and she will be dearly missed.

I have been crafting a little since I posted last (and geez, what a crybaby I was being. Turns out I was pretty sick though), so will catch you all up on that stuff soon. For now, here are some pictures of my sweet little Heidi girl.



Sleep tight, little Heidi. Sleep tight.

5 comments:

Donna said...

may you find comforting rituals and time for self care in the midst of these major transitions...

Miss to Mrs said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. That is just horrible. Going through all those changes, I'm sure it would be nice to have her companionship. I hope that your new adventures bring lots and lots of happiness.

I can't wait to see what projects you have been working on!

comicbooklady said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you strength for your upheaval and prosperity in your new endeavors!

CONNIE W said...

Sorry about your pet doggie. That must be hard for you. I wish you the best with your move. Thanks for recently stopping by my blog and commenting.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow, that's big change coming up. Good luck with the move. So sorry to hear about your sweet puppy.