Friday, December 21, 2007

My throat is on fire

And my sinuses feel like they are trying to find an escape route from my cheeks. Or like they've punched me in the face from the inside. Oh yeah, and it's 3 a.m. and I'm not asleep. This is very abnormal for me. Very. Abnormal. In order to explain just how abnormal, I'll tell you a little story. Skip the next paragraph if you don't care.

Here goes. In high school I was a wrestling cheerleader. This involved getting up very early on Saturday mornings and riding a school bus with a bunch of stinky wrestlers to a tournament. I think the minimum travel time was at least an hour. Like nearly towns would call the school and want to schedule a wrestling meet, and they said, "No, sorry, you're too close." So anyway, one particular Saturday, the school bus arrived at the tournament about 2 hours before the tournament began (this was typical, the wrestlers all had to be weighed and checked for ringworm). I had brought my pillow and blanket with me (wrestling is a winter sport, and school buses don't have the best heating systems), so I made a little nest for myself in the bleachers and fell asleep. So, I don't know, about 2 hours and 10 minutes later, I wake up to find the bleachers full of people. Full. Somehow I had slept through the arrival of about 1,000 wrestling fans. It was the regional tournament, afterall.

Long story short, I can usually sleep through just about anything.

Anywho, I'm going to try to go back to sleep. I've got a big day tomorrow (today?), as my goal is to make and quilt two quilts. Yes, you read that right. Two. One is already started, and the other is pretty simple, so we'll see.

Here's a blast from Christmas past. I'm guessing this picture was taken 1985-1987. I'm the third from the left. This picture is actually the inspiration for one of the quilts I plan to make today (tomorrow?). More on that later.


And one last thing, here is a quilt I hope to make in time for Christmas 2008. I think this is from Quiltmaker magazine, Dec. 2001, but I'm not sure. I just saved the pic, not the instructions.

Okay, off to bed!

3 comments:

Donna said...

may you feel better fast!

Unknown said...

That quilt is beautiful, can't wait to see your finished product. Hope you feel better!

Miss to Mrs said...

You must come back soon Tiffany. The blog world misses you!