Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Apology to February

After my last post, I'm sure it's no secret that I tend to get a little blue during the cold weather months. By February, the charm of icicles and snow-covered vistas has worn off, and I find myself gazing longingly at my flip-flops. I got to thinking, and it's not February's fault that the weather is frigid or that I live in Kansas. So as an apology to February, I thought of some positive things about the month. Here goes:
  • Cold weather is great for using my crockpot, especially for soups.
  • Valentine's Day
  • Lots of time in the evenings for sewing.
  • My sister was born in February.
  • Driving on the ice is tricky, but I needed a new paint job on my bumper anyway.
  • It's the end of football season - I get the t.v. back until August!

Okay, I'm spent. I had thought of more positives than that, but I can't remember them now. Just a little interesting fact about February... last year we had a lot of ice and snow in our area, and in October (9 months later) the hospital had a record number of babies delivered. So I guess that's what everyone around here does during bad weather that doesn't know how to sew? Never thought of sewing as birth control before...

Anyway, on to quilting. Here's another quilt I started before Christmas. This quilt was actually my mom's Christmas present, but since I was sick I didn't quite get it done in time. I did have one row done that I wrapped for her to open on Christmas Day. I finally got the borders on today, and now I just have to quilt and bind it. Piece o' cake, right? Well, borders seem to be the biggest quilting hurdle for me, so maybe the rest will go quickly. One can hope.

1 comment:

Miss to Mrs said...

You're a better person than me. I can't find anything good about this Kansas February except that it's almost over.

The dog quilt is great. Where did you find the dog? I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who gave their mom an unfinished quilt for Christmas. At least you had a good excuse. I still don't have mine done. I'm giving the completed quilt to her for birthday next month. It's like the gift that keeps on giving.