Friday, February 15, 2008

I can hardly contain myself




Are these not the coolest containers ever?! I saw the Coats & Clark ones at another vendor's booth at the OKC winter quilt show, and I knew I had to order some. I love the vintage look. I have a couple of antique Singer sewing machines in their original cabinets, and these tins look so cool next to the machines. Plus, they're just so useful. I mean, who can't use a container for fat quarters, thread, marking tools, trims... all sorts of stuff. By the way, these are available on the shop website.


And this Disney Cars tin... my nephew's birthday is next month, and he is going to flip when he sees this. I'm going to try to find some small toy tools to put in it. If I can't find any, I might just go with candy. He already has a Cars quilt, or I would roll a quilt up and stuff it inside. I'm getting excited just thinking about him getting excited.

And....what's this.... is that a border? On a quilt of mine? It certainly is. I love this quilt, and I'm determined to finish it by the end of the month. Period. Because if I don't self-impose a deadline, it will never get finished.

On that happy note, I'm off to sew more borders!

2 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

I have your same border problem. I gave my mom a quilt for Christmas that I never go the border on. (Yes, I gave her an incomplete quilt for Christmas. Bad daughter!) Here it is February and still no border. Her birthday is next month and when I asked her what she wanted she kindly asked if I could finish her quilt. Poor mom!

Donna said...

those are wonderful containers! Hard to choose only one or two!