Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"I would walk 500 miles..."

Since my parents moved to the great state of TN, that song rings true to me. It's over 450 miles to my folks' new place. With a side trip to Memphis to go shopping, we logged over 1,000 miles on my car this past weekend. But it was a good trip...well worth the gas money (ouch!). And luckily, as we drive through southern Missouri on Hwy 60, we pass through the Ozark mountains, so the views are lovely no matter what time of year it is.

Other then driving, all I've really been able to accomplish that is blog-worthy is longarm quilting. I've been doing lots of paperwork and kit-cutting for the shop, so that's not much fun to tell you about. I did finally get October's newsletter sent out, so you should be receiving it in the next few days (or already if you're signed up by e-mail).

Anyway, on to quilting. This is my local quilt guild's opportunity quilt. It's made from the Quest for a Cure fabric from several years ago called "Say It With Roses." It's a very flowery and feminine quilt. The guild is getting pink t-shirts this year to kind of go along with the whole "Think Pink" theme.


Here's the whole quilt. It's very hard to get a good picture because it's SO big.
And a close up of the quilting on the back...
...and the front.
I really like this quilting pattern. It's a continuous feather pantograph (stencil). So I can longarm quilt feathers without having to learn & practice them first. Someday, I fully intend to explore free-hand longarm quilting a bit more, but for now the pantographs work.

I've managed to catch a bit of a cold, and I'm in that weird phase where I feel hot, but I've got goosebumps on my arms. My hubbie is coming to the rescue with cold medicine on his lunch hour, and I've got enough kleenex to last the rest of the afternoon, so I'll be fine. This weekend I am going to try to catch up in the class I'm taking from Tonya. I'm waaaaay behind, and it's really starting to bother me. Plus, I'm a little jealous of what all of the other students are accomplishing. Nothing like being out-done to light a fire under you, right?

2 comments:

Diane said...

Lovely quilt and lovely quilting. That feather pattern looks great.

Donna said...

there's no behind in Tonya's class -- that's part of the beauty of it in my book :-)