Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Well, here are the Halloween costumes.
This picture wasn't taken until after we had been sitting for a little while, so I'm a little wrinkled, but you get the idea. My dress really went together pretty easily after I got over the initial problems. I put a zipper in the side of the dress, but I failed to make it long enough. Luckily, I could just barely get the darn thing on and off. My husband's costume was pretty easy also. The cape just had to be hemmed at the bottom and pleated a little at the top. His "man skirt," as he calls it, was a wrap around. The only snafu we had there was that the sticky-backed, heavy duty velcro I used for a closure came unstuck towards the end of the night, leaving him standing there momentarily in his boxers. Lucky for him, we had an extra safety pin, and I don't think anyone saw except a few close friends (closer now, I guess) that we were sitting with.

My Saturday evening and Sunday were occupied by hand applique-ing sixteen circles. I used a CD as a template, which worked better than I thought it would. More to come on this project later. I'm also in the process of attaching a scrappy binding to my Afternoon Tea quilt made from Heather Bailey's Freshcut fabric. Lots of hand sewing to do...perfect for a chilly Halloween night!

1 comment: