Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sewing Rule #1

Okay, maybe not #1, but definitely in the top ten:

Don't get in a hurry.

Case in point, my new tote bag.

Looks harmless, doesn't it? And it was... at first. Until I started running out of time and got in a hurry.
Here's the other side of the bag. With a partially attached handle. Why is the handle partially attached, you might ask? Well, I'll tell you. The handle is partially attached because as I was sewing I noticed I was sewing the handle on backwards. You can't tell from the picture, but there is a "right" and "wrong" side to the handles. Probably not a mistake anyone would have noticed, but it would have driven me insane. And I'm insane enough as it is, thankyouverymuch.

So I left the bag and the handle for tomorrow, when I'm in less of a hurry.

2 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

I'm pretty sure it is rule # 1. The reason I have so many unfinished project is because of rule # 1. Don't want to do something in a hurry, at least that's what I tell myself. It's actually just procrastination. At least you were actually working on a project! Love the bag.

Tiffany said...

When I get frustrated or in a hurry, it's usually better for me to just quit that project and come back to it later. If I forge ahead, I typically end up having to rip out whatever I've done and redo it anyway.