Friday, June 13, 2008

No sir, I don't like it.

I was originally inspired to make a granny afghan by this photo (not the softy...the afghan in the background). And then I saw this. I was completely smitten. But then I had second thoughts. After all, where would I put this masterpiece, assuming I ever finished it? A bright red, green, yellow, and blue afghan would definitely stand out in my current home decor. So then I thought that maybe I should try making a granny afghan in a bit more subdued colors. Here's what I came up with for my first square.

It's okay, but I'm not in love. And if I'm going to crochet that many granny squares, I want to be in love with the project. So I think I've decided to just stick with the color scheme I fell in love with. I'll figure out where to put the darn thing when it's finished.

As for the yarn I used in my test square, maybe it would make a nice ripple afghan.

Belated Happy Father's Day, to my dad, and to yours!

2 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

The whole reason I wanted to learn to crochet was so I could make granny squares. I love them. Unfortunately, I just don't have the patience for it. I can't wait to see the afghan when it is done.

Anonymous said...

I love the Granny Square cotton throws that Moda sells. I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the right weight of thread for that afghan! It's thicker than most any crochet thread and not as thick as any yarn I've seen! It's cotton.

We missed you last night!

Cindy